Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Back in action!

After a rather long hiatus, I have decided to actually come back. I mean, I have so much on my mind as far as the pro wrestling world is concerned. And where's a better place to express my opinions than here? Anyway, let's get down to business, shall we?

You and I all know that pro wrestling is not where it used to be..you don't have to be a brain surgeon to figure that out. From the glory days where stars such as Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, Macho Man Randy Savage, Jake "The Snake" Roberts, among the greats back in that era put on matches that will never be forgotten to guys such as John Cena (ugh), Triple H, Batista, and the high flying Rey Mysterio.
Wrestling now is all about being big. I mean big like muscular and tall. It makes me sick that wrestlers don't get contracts based on talent, but it's just about size. I mean, sure there are guys that are very talented who deserve a shot. Some of the guys I'm talking about such as Kofi Kingston, R-Truth, MVP, and yes, even Dolph Ziggler. The problem is is that these guys I mentioned and a ton of others who are in the same boat don't even get a shot. Most of these guys have nothing but the greatest potential but what do you know? They are being misused to the max. And does that come to a surprise to me you ask? Not at all...
I have been following wrestling since I was about 3 or 4 years old. Currently being a 23 year old and still following it is pretty impressive. I've watched it all on TV from Hulk Hogan vs Ultimate Warrior at Wrestlemania VI to Sgt. Slaughter turning into an Iraqi turncoat to The Montreal Screwjob, hell to even watching the infamous Charlie Minn host WWF Action Zone every Sunday morning. As you can tell, I've witnessed what has evolved in the past 20 years or so in the wacky world we call professional wrestling. And I give all these guys past and present who have not only entertained me throughout the years, but have given me my reasons to watch wrestling. So to all of the great wrestlers I have watched on TV..thank you for keeping me entertained!

I will be back with more, because I guarantee you that there will be a lot more on my mind.
Thanks for reading!

No comments: